Friday, September 21, 2007

Fun With Stop Signs: Watch What Happens at This BQE Entrance


This vid comes from the blog BQE Watch. It shows a stop sign at the Congress Street entrance to the BQE that is apparently invisible. It is funny in a danger to life and limb kind of way. The blogger writes, "This video shows a number of drivers who simply ignore this sign. It is entirely typical of what happens at the spot all the time. The only time I have ever seen a driver stop at the sign is when there is a car stopped directly in front of him. In other words, during hours of observation, I have never seen a driver who stops because of the sign."

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister got hit(and run) from behind at this very stop sign pushing her into the BQE traffic. No wonder she got hit because everyone is used to not stopping and obviously not paying attention!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny - here in Phoenix, AZ there is a similar scenerio.... no one stops! So it is not just there! Great post!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A stop sign at an interstate highway entrance is ridiculous under current design, and allowed only because the BQE was grandfathered in to many regulations. A yield sign would be more appropriate.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I deal with the same thing at the Atlantic Ave entrance to the BQE eastbound all the time. The problem as I see it is that the stop sign is placed way too far back. Were I to stop at the stop sign, I would have no way to see when the traffic is clear. So I pull up a car length or so past the stop sign, and stop _there_ where I can see, and then hope like hell my car can accelerate onto the highway.

Again, why exactly are there stop signs on Interstate Highways?

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home