Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Windsor Terraceans Fight for Their Key Food Market

Windsor Terrace residents have apparently started a petition drive to "demonstrate the desire to have the owner of the C-Town on 9th St, Steven Reifinger, buy the Key Food Supermarket on
Prospect Ave. in Windsor Terrace. The Key Food is currently up for sale and will be available for public purchase if no other Key Food contingents want to buy it. Many of us feel that the C-Town is of great value, with their excellent Produce, great sales, top notch fish and meat department and friendly service. We would welcome them in our neighborhood." There's no contact info and no iPetition, but we're sure that will become clear shortly.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd sign that petition. When I lived in Windsor Terrace, I'd regularly shop at Steve's C-Town even though the Key Food was closer.

Plus, Steve's C-Town was used in the photo for this Onion article. It's funny because it's true.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Key Food reminds me of the old Key Food on Court Street in Carroll Gardens. It is small and dirty looking. I live in Windsor Terrace and only come to this Key Food for last minute items. I think the C Town on 9th Street is great but parking is hard.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I live in Windsor Terrace, and I'd sign the petition 100 times if I( could. The produce, meat and seafood on offer is horrible. Most of my meat comes from the local butcher, and produce from the bodegas on PPW. I've even resorted to shopping at my boyfriend's local supermarket in Harlem where the produce is AMAZING. Why is it so hard to get fresh fruit and veg in what is not an economically depressed neighborhood?

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Key turned down an offer of $2mm last year - its not for sale. If you prefer c-town, please shop there and leave the little key to those who appreciate it!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would sign the petition too, would be really nice to have somewhere which sells good fresh produce locally, and some friendly management

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..the problem w/ Ctown is all the grubby customers ..

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home