Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sad Tale: Dog-Napping During Windsor Terrace Break In

Here's a heartbreaking little story that combines the awfulness of having one's home broken into with the horror of finding they have taken one's dog. An email and flier is circulating widely on discussion boards about a little dog in Windsor Terrace who was dognapped. Here is the email:
I am posting to all the Brooklyn boards I have participated with to help a friend in Windsor Terrace/South Slope who is devastated by the dog-napping Wednesday of her dear Samantha.

She arrived home Weds night to find her apartment broken into, ransacked, and her dog and the dog's carrier gone. Nothing else was taken...Here is text from her flier -- can't reproduce the picture here, but it is a small sweet white fluffy friendly-looking dog:

My name is Samantha and I was stolen during a break-in at my home in Windsor Terrace/South Slope on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 sometime between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. I’m an eight year old Maltese, spayed and weigh seven pounds. I have a brown nose and a tiny nick on the end of my tongue. I have had several teeth extracted and need additional dental work as soon as possible. I may be wearing a red leather collar with two vaccination tags on it. The person who took me also stole my bright yellow carrier. If you’ve seen me or know anything about me, please call 917-627-0292 or the Brooklyn 72nd Precinct at 718-965-6311. GENEROUS REWARD.
GL readers know that we may growl at pile drivers and demolition crews, but our hearts melt for homeless or unfortunate animals. We hope that Samantha is found and returned.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Many kids had the afternoons off last week for their regent tests. Could have been a dare. Stealing the dog after breaking in was the real money tkt..but..they will have to come up with some grand farse to return the dog, like ,spend money on another carrier or not. This is a shame...and disturbing. I will look out for Samantha.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the daily news article and it said that renderings had been shown to the "officials". OK, well, how about the neighbors??? Clarett can't keep ignoring us..

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home