Friday, September 15, 2006

Disconnected in Brooklyn on Craigslist

For those who glance at them--or for those that don't--the Missed Connections section on Craigslist is the ultimate chronicle of ships passing in the night. They're either heartbreaking or hysterical or a little of both at the same time. The Brooklyn selection is especially rich, natch, and one could devote some time analyzing the trends. (What places generate the most, which neighborhoods are hotbeds of missed connections, which train lines lead to more, etc.) One early conclusion is that the subway is a top spot, but that's sort of a no-brainer, isn't it?

In any case, here's one that struck our fancy, titled "F train transfer to A/C...been seeing you in the morning for years... - w4m - 30"
For some reason, the Brooklyn entries are Okay, so I used to see you on the train all the time. (I get on the F at Bergen - you're already on - and we both would transfer to the A/C at Borough Hall.) I used to work up on 8th ave and 34th. Then I started freelancing. But it seems every time I get on the F at 9:30ish in the morning, there you are - what the hell? Are you stalking me?

No, obviously you're not. You just happen to have held the same job and apartment in NYC for more then 1 year straight - amazing!

Anywho, I saw you again this morning for the first time in a long time. I was on my way to freelance at a theatre in Soho (where I actually saw you attending a puppet show once). I totally embarrassed myself by catapulting my cell phone across the train in a loud and obtrusive manner...

Well, I suppose I should make it clearer to you (or maybe your friends who read this crap at work when they are procrastinating...) who I am talking about.

YOU: shaved head, buddy holly type glasses, slightly rockabilly/ska/rude boy style, must work somewhere in soho near canal street A/C stop.

ME: curvy, cute, various styles and shades of pink hair (as of late a fauxhawk-type thing), cat eye glasses, nose ring, funky style, get on F at Bergen.

What else? Wow, I never do this. You probably will never see this anyway...I'm going to stop now.

If you do see this, email me if you feel like it. Just cause it's too random...Really.
Poignant.

Honorable Mention:
La Bagel Delite!
We locked eyes on 3rd Street on Seventh Avenue yesterday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home