Friday, September 22, 2006

Disconnected in Brooklyn on Craigslist

As we've noted, the Missed Connections section on Craigslist offers a rich sampling of ships passing in the Brooklyn night. Depending on your point of view, they're either sad or funny or hopeful or desperate or a little bit of all four. Clearly, the subway produces a huge number of "missed connections," and the F Train is clearly first among equals. In any case, here's our personal fave of the week, titled "'Freakishly quiet' on the F-Train about 2pm Wednesday 9/20 - w4m - 23":
I was sitting next to you on the F-Train this afternoon, Mr. Intimidatingly Hot, writing a list for myself and regretting my really impractical choice of footwear today. You were to my right, wearing an army green button up shirt, dark jeans, and brown man boots, with beautiful blue eyes and dirty blonde/light brown hair (mussed up just so) and some scruff. Swoon.

You were so incredibly cute that I was not my usual conversational self, and after awkwardly catching your eye a few times, the thing I finally said to you was...

"It's freakishly quiet on the train today, huh?"

Very smooth, very smooth. *Hits forehead*

You got off at the next stop (Bergen, I think), and my inner monologue groaned. If you're the missed-connection-checkin' type, email me and tell me what I looked like/was wearing and what you said to me. You're totally intriguing- and I promise I can usually come up with something far more compelling to say.
Very well done.

Excellent Runner Up:
To the Guy Who's Hair I Messed Up at Agora II - m4m - 23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home