Saturday, October 14, 2006

Another Blogger Takes Umbrage With Park Slope Breeding

We find rants about Park Slope kids and parenting, and all the related subjects, oddly compelling. And so it with the following nugget, called Park Slope: AKA "The Hatchery" from a blog called Hello Portland from NYC. Here it is:
I don't know how they do it.

Five moms with babies all within the ages of one month to three in one place, my place, The Red Horse. Someone needs to open a coffee house, a big place, called "The Hatchery". Provide lots of decaf coffee, pickles, chocolate, complimentary burping clothes, changing tables, play space and toys for the tots. There's no need for tables or window counters with bar stools because this is not the place for studying, reading or writing. It is a place for MOMs and DADs. No one admitted without a child.

I could complain, or I could make money off of them. I'm sitting next to the counter with community fliers wondering why there's nothing here with my name, number and in big letters: GET YOUR POST-BABY BODY BACK IN SHAPE WITH YOGA. Your space, your schedule, your needs.

I guess I better get to work.
A cafe strictly for moms, dads and kids in the Slope. Could work. Next up: Another Park Slope breast feeding incident.

1 Comments:

Blogger dalton said...

"A cafe strictly for moms, dads and kids in the Slope. Could work."

I thought that was called the Tea Lounge on 7th Avenue.

Ouch!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home