Monday, January 15, 2007

Amazing Looking Inside the Red Hook Grain Terminal

2007_1_redhook1

If you ask us, the old Grain Terminal in Red Hook is one of the most frightening-looking structures in all of New York. There is something about the way the huge building, and its dirty and blackened exterior, looms over the landscape that scares us. Which is all the more reason to find the photos that Gothamist's Jake Dobkin posted on his photoblog bluejake and others that he posted on his flickr page even more amazing. Check out these pictures. They're an amazing looking inside a building you would otherwise never see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Very interesting that you find the grain terminal "scary" -- I've always had the same reaction to the Williamsburg Bridge. I don't exactly know why, but there's something about the raw, brutal presence of the steel towers that's always struck fear into me whenever I looked at it. This has been tempered a bit since I moved to Greenpoint (I can see the bridge from my kitchen window, and have kind of gotten used to it), but it's reassuring that I'm not the only one out there with a case of irrational architectural dread. Maybe we could start a support group...

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home