Sunday, January 07, 2007

Disconnected in Brooklyn on Craigslist: If At First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try Again

When someone writes "together we can make a wonderful beat on the bongo of my life," it rather sticks with us. And so it was that when we read the ad below, it rang a bell. We'd posted it before, in fact. Except, back in October, there was no location noted. Now it's New Year's Eve at the Boulevard Tavern. Then, "you were with your irritating hipster friends." Now, (see below) they are no longer irritating, but "ironical." Last time, "that Zelda with you began cock blocking me" and, this time, "the dork with the dark hair and plastic glasses and skin tight jeans" does it. Dear God. We're not sure what's more frightening--that this guy is posting the same, um, interestingly-written ad or that we noticed. We're still not 100 percent sure that something this tacky is real. In any case, you can click here for the October version.
Girl I winked at on New Years Eve in Boulevard Tavern - m4w - 31
Let me refresh your recollection of the evening. Me with my posse of Wall Street buds enjoying some brews in your burg on new year's eve. Boulevard Tavern. Being there for Harold. You there with your hipster friends, being ironical. Even with all those people around you, I could see that you were all alone, surrounded by those pencil necks and zeldas. Our eyes met. Your mouth opened, you smiled, and you nodded in my direction. But then that dork with the dark hair and plastic glasses and skin tight jeans cock blocked me, and the moment passed.

I've been thinking about you, Hipster Girl. I want to show you my loft in cutting - edge SoHo, which is where the real artists live. I want you to have a taste, just a taste, of the espresso that I am. I want you to ride the rocket that is my life. It's pretty sweet.

Ditch the dorks and meet me, Hipster Girl of Williamsburg. Apart, we grow cold, but together we can make a wonderful beat on the bongo of my life. (Please do not write back if you have an STD.)
Serious or joke? You be the judge.

Honorable Mention:
bushwick loft party, coats stuffed behind the piano, nye - w4m - 25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home