Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New Blog Alert #1: Bed-Stuy Blog!

BedStuy Blog

We got an e-mail yesterday from one of the people behind the new BedStuy Blog. It's only a couple of posts old, but we'd like to be among the first to welcome it to the Brooklyn blogsphere. In the introductory entry, the blogger writes:
I moved to Bedford-Stuyvesant in August of 2005, so I’ve only been in the neighborhood for a short period of time, but in the time that I’ve been here I’ve seen lots of change and I’ve met a lot of interesting people. One of the things that helped me to decide to settle here was the Brooklyn blogging community. These blogs with their microneighborhood coverage (where else can you find out that there is a day spa over by the BQE?) gave me so much information on local businesses, artists, and community challenges in each specific neighborhood. Being a blog reader gave me a taste of Brooklyn life, and I liked what I saw and read so I decided to move to the borough. But despite the number of Brooklyn blogs out there, few are dedicated to life in Bed-Stuy. Surprising, given the size of this neighborhood! Luckily, bloggers from nearby neighborhoods have had interest in Bed-Stuy and have featured some of our businesses, developments, and residents on their blogs, but a blog that focuses mostly on life in this neighborhood has been noticeably absent—until now. I hope that the Bed-Stuy Blog can be half as helpful (and interesting) to current and prospective Bed-stuy residents as other Brooklyn blogs have been to me. Wish me luck.
We look forward to reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home