Saturday, September 01, 2007

Some Park Slopers Not Feeling Carnival Music at 230 AM

So, Carnival time is here and, with it, some pre-parade celebrations. We found this email our inbox this morning, about last night's party:
When I got home to Park Slope last night I heard an awful noise in the distance and wondered if Celebrate Brooklyn was back at ten times its normal volume. Then I realized that it's carnival time and that for the next three days the music will be blasting across the park so loud my apartment will almost be shaking. I mean, it's almost like having an suv with pounders parked down the block. On and off, the music last night went until at least 230 am and may have gone later but that's when i went to sleep with the windows closed on a beautiful night. Carnival is great and all but don't we have any noise regulations? Why is it okay to have music so loud that it can be heard a half-mile away at two in the morning? Last year wasn't so bad, but this year's not sounding so good so far. I remember one carnival when it sounded like people were driving around trucks with huge amplified sound systems for 72 hours except from 5am-6:30am when it seemed to stop. Would it be too much to ask for it to be turned down by...oh i don't know...2 in the morning?
We do know there was a show at the Brooklyn Museum last night, but this seems a bit late for that.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last week I was walking through the Gowanus/Slope area on my way back to CG.

There were two cars, a couple minutes apart, that had the loudest thumping music I've ever heard outside of a concert. So loud you could here it a half mile away.

I think that is probably the source, and I hope those guys get fined. After multiple offenses, impound the car.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just feel lucky you don't live across the park in Prospect Lefferts. It's 6 am and the party outside my windows just ended. About 15 minutes after we called 311, the air horns started. Nice. I think I got about an hour of sleep somehow.

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try living by the Gowanus Houses. I can guarantee you that PLG and the Slope ain't got nothing on us, even during the West Indian Parade. For example, two weeks ago, there was music blairing two blocks away. With all of our windows shut and the AC on we could still hear it. No cops, of course.

Last night, at 2:30 a.m. some bozo was parking his car, with the music blaring. I know I'm not the only one he work up.

That's life in the big city folks.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I gets meself a fawty and a blunt and the weekend never ends!
[can't say I gots my h- giving props to the rev. al, dude!]

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home