Sunday, October 07, 2007

On the Sofa: GL Reader Comments

Once a week, we highlight a few comments left by GL readers during the previous week. Here are a few of this week's selections:

Bumps in Road to Park Slope Food Coop's Time Shift to 1990. "I'm a tad disappointed at the condescending tone of the post. I think that any complaint about the Park Slope Food Co-op should provide perspective on the other options. Ever wait in line at the Pathmark at Atlantic Terminal? Takes forever and not pleasant. Ditto with Target which is 2 blocks away from me but I avoid like the plague. The 'express' lines there are barely express. And security grabs you to check receipts on everything. Trader Joe's at Union Square? Those lines are WORSE than anything I have seen at the co-op." [Jack Szwergold]

Bumps in Road to Park Slope Food Coop's Time Shift to 1990. "This proud member thinks all the "East Berlin Food Coop" comments are pretty stale and unoriginal. I can only shop during the dreaded and overly crowded weekends, but I still love the Coop and its organic, community-centric ways. I thought Liberal wasn't a dirty word anymore?" [Lisa]

Fourth Avenue's Argyle: Is It Park Slope? "The Old Stone House was always considered Gowanus (Nowadays it is claimed by Park Slope.) The Brooklyn Lyceum on 4th Ave promotes itself (always has) as being in Gowanus. However, that will be a helluva wall of retail and hotels once 4th Ave is finished. Guess Park Slope has a new boundary. Go West, young man." [Icky]

Boerum Hill Stoners & People Heaving "Detritus." "I don't think not wanting kids throwing rocks at you makes you a 'gentrifier.' Sounds like it makes you a "normal person." This kind of crap can happen anywhere there are groups of kids hanging out - it's not specific to areas near 'the projects.' I think 'getting over it' actually emboldens the little creeps. Keep calling the cops." [Leigh A]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home