Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Blog #2 -- Prospect: A Year in the Park

Prospect A Year in the Park

Of all the Brooklyn blogs that have debuted in the last six months or so, none has had us looking forward to more from the start than Prospect: A Year in the Park. (OTBKB featured it yesterday.) It's from the blogger behind Crazy Stable and is devoted to daily posts on Prospect Park. From the first post:
Here's the deal: I hereby commit to walking or cycling in Brooklyn's magnificent Prospect Park every day for a year, with as few exceptions as humanly possible, and then showing or telling you at least one cool thing I encountered, through this new blog.

Yeah, so what's the big deal? Lots of people go to the park every day, right? But I don't. I look at it outside my windows, and then I slink around my big ol' house, screen-suck at my computer for work or play, take naps, overeat, watch TV, garden, or chug around Brooklyn in the car doing errands.
And here's a sample from yesterday's post about the Tree of Memory:
Strange, even gothic, discoveries on a day that had already seen its share of emotional turmoil. The park's lake was tranquil, with gulls picking their way across a film of ice.

But this lakeside tree, with its umbrella and filthy pillow, turned out to be the back door to a dwelling; I circled it and discovered the front door.
It should be a nice 2008 full of posts.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda from Flatbush said...

Thank you, O Mighty Gowanus Lounge Lizard, for linkage and kind words! I'll be delighted to have you along for the ride.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home