Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bklink: Big Green Monster

The Big Green Monster on Diamond Street in Greenpoint from Karl Fischer is now fully on view for the world to see. Here is what Hot Karl might have thought in designing it: "Let’s see, this building is slated to be in a neighborhood called Greenpoint. What can I do to make it 'fit in' with the 'feel' of the neighborhood. Hmm… I could reduce the scale so it would jibes contextually with the rest of the block. NAH. Wait a minute...I know, I’LL MAKE IT GREEN! But what shade of green… hold on it’s coming to me..." Let's call the color Newtown Creek Chartreuse.--New York Shitty

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a horrible looking building; the sad part is that the back of it looks gorgeous with bricks.... I have no idea what they were on when they decided to use the newton creek green on the front side of the building.... it sticks out like a sore thumb!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home