Sunday, March 02, 2008

Bklink: No Photos at MetroTech

Among the "unauthorized activities" as Forest City Ratner's MetroTech in Downtown Brooklyn is (surprise) photography. "While I was walking around the Commons, shooting a few photos, a couple of security guards told me (nicely) that photography was not permitted. I had already taken the photos I wanted, and they didn't ask for the camera.
Only later did I see and photograph the rules. (Click to enlarge.) While photography isn't explicitly banned, it apparently qualifies as 'unauthorized activity.'" So, what does this eventually mean for Atlantic Yards and its "public space"?--AYR

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless they relocate NYC's emergency services command and dispatch from MetroTech to the Atlantic Yards, I bet you'll be allowed to take photos there. And if they did relocate, I bet you'd then be able to take all the photos you want of MetroTech without too much trouble. :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Norman Oder said...

Maybe, but I was nowhere near those buildings.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are several high security 'businesses' located in Metrotech, so moving just one won't do the trick. Atlantic Yards is not going to have this issue. It has nothing to do with Ratner.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home