Saturday, March 08, 2008

A "New Kind of Mugging" in Park Slope via Old Plymouth

Here's another unnerving tale about a Thursday night mugging in Park Slope--with an odd twist in terms of the vehicle the criminal is using--that's making the rounds of the inboxes via the Park Slope Parents list and that may pop up elsewhere in a bit:
I was mugged last night (March 6th) , at 8:30PM, walking home from work on 14th Street between 6th & 7th Avenues. It happened right outside the Verizon building.

It seems that this is a NEW kind of mugging, apparently the police had never heard of it before in this area. A man in a old model car (possibly a Plymouth) pulled over as he was driving, got out of the car, grabbed my purse while I fell down, got back into he car, and peeled away.

The man was white, tall (over 6 feet), in his late 40's to 50's, and had on a hooded sweatshirt. Now, interestingly enough, I believe this is the SAME man who stood right behind me a couple of days ago walking home at 10:00AM from C-Town down 6th Ave (at 11th Street) & then quickly ran across the street as he saw another pedestrian walking down the block. I really had a feeling he was going to grab my purse, and then he quickly ran across the street. I think this is the same person, whether on foot or in his car.

I am NOT hurt, just sore & shaken up. Just wanted to let you all know that this is happening. Whether in broad daylight, at night, in a car or on foot. BE AWARE.
A cruising mugger in an old model Plymouth who may be hanging out in the neighborhood. How hard can that be to track down?

(Please Note: The vehicle pictured is a Plymouth Barracuda and is used only for illustrative purposes.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home