Monday, March 10, 2008

Times Plaza Post Office Follies: Bad Week for Mail

If you live on Boerum Hill and you were waiting for your mail last week, there is a chance that it didn't show up on several days. We saw a significant number of emails complaining about skipped deliveries, including one who was counting the number of days that her New Yorker was overdue. Here's the latest:
I have seen several posts over this past week about undelivered mail on several blocks. I have experienced the same on my block of Bergen between Hoyt/Bond,
our (odd number side) only. I just received priority mail yesterday dated 2/27 mailed from downtown Brooklyn. The mail was sporadic for two days this past week. Many neighbors on my block experienced the same. I have filled out the survey on line and have seen the posts for so-called improvement. I was at the Times Plaza PO on Tuesday and I waited for for over 20 minutes for the certified mail to be located and this was with the pink slips. The postal worker couldn't find one of them. What is our next plan of action as a community?. We have tolerated this for much too long! Things seem to improve for a week and then they worsen to a level that was lower than before action was taken. Patiently awaiting my New Yorker...
And this possible explanation:
When my regular carrier brought 2 days worth of mail yesterday, he told me that there is a new supervisor who is just learning how things work. That may be one of the factors. Nonetheless, non-delivery of mail is unacceptable. So, can the people who have been working with Times Plaza continue the process they have already started? In addition to everyone posting problems here to created a record, what can we all do to help? How quaint the "nor rain, nor snow. . ." postal commitment sounds in this context where our carriers are "stay[ed] . . . from their appointed rounds."
And, it's only Monday morning.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

complain complain complain-- you have to complain 3 times before your complaints will get a mandatory review at the level of the supervisor's supervisor in the USPS. and they sure call you back quickly after that 2nd complaint!

basically until there is enough noise documented around this ridiculous post office no permanent change will occur.

call 1-800-ASK-USPS
i believe at the prompt you'll want option #5 and then option #5

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. I put in for a change of address for March 15. I hadn't received mail at my present address for two days now. So when I called to find out what was going on, the carrier said, "Yes, I stopped your delivery on Saturday." When I asked her why, she said because she hadn't looked at the date!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine that this post office is where they send all of the geriatric and learning disabled postal workers. I spent an hour in line picking up a package this last november.
I was sent a package from the northwest Feb. 24th and just recieved it. It's March 12. Awesome.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home