Monday, April 21, 2008

Carroll Gardens Group Takes Zoning Amendment to Subway Plaza

CORD Petition Signatures

The CORD group in Carroll Gardens brought a letter writing effort in support of a proposed zoning text amendment to redefine narrow "wide" streets as narrow ones to the subway plaza at the Carroll Street Station over the weekend. The letter seemed to be getting a good response from passersby as we looked on. It says, in part:
I am a Carroll Gardens resident. I may or may not be able to attend all of the public hearings and meetings in regard to the proposed zoning text amendment referenced in the land use application above, so I wish to go on record by voicing my opinion now.

I am in favor of this zoning text amendment change. I believe that this is a long overdue, much welcomed relief to some of the problems Carroll Gardens has been facing due to the increase in new residential development.
There is a Community Board 6 Land Use Committee meeting about the change on April 24 at 6PM (at 250 Baltic Street).

Zoning Text Petition

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home