Monday, September 24, 2007

Postal Service Truck Attacks Park Slope Car

As if people using the Van Brunt Station on Ninth Street in Park Slope don't have enough to complain about in terms of the, uh, service, we came across this item on the Park Slope Forum about a car getting nailed by a Postal Service truck. It apparently happened on Eighth Street. Here it is:
I went to my parked car tonight to find the bumper smashed in half, headlight hanging, and a hole in my tire big enough to fit 3 fingers through. As I was racking my brain trying to figure out how this could've happened, someone came out of their apartment and told me she witnessed it earlier that day. A car was double parked on the other side of the street from me, and an enormous US Postal Service truck tried to squeeze through. Something must have been sticking out from under the truck and as it passed it slashed through my tire and totaled my bumper.

Between the new tires, bumper, headlights and who knows what else, I think this will exceed $1000 in repairs.

I filed a police report but without the license plate info of the truck, having a witness didn't help and they wouldn't even mention it on the report. Now I don't know what to do. I can't just let this go. I'm considering going to the post office (Van Brunt, ugh) and talking to the manager there...They definitely knew they damaged my car b/c the witness told me when the tire was punctured it made a sound like an explosion.
We always love a good Postal Service item.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Benyaminov Shamil said...

Good luck buddy....you will not get anywhere with your complain. You have to take matters in your hands. I tried in past making police report and complain it will not get you nowhere. Its only a waste of time and aggravation.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home