Sunday, April 22, 2007

Disconnected in Brooklyn on Craigslist: I Didn't Give You My Seat on the L

Sunday means another visit to the land of heartbreak and comedy knowns as Craigslist Missed Connections. This week, we turn to a little situation on the L Train.

How did you know what stop I was getting off at? - m4w - 36

L Train to Brooklyn around 6 pm. So tonight I was kind of retarded and got on the L train going the wrong way....I was really into the album I was listening to. I ended up at 8th avenue, so for the first time in over a year I got a seat. On my way back, you... a relatively tall girl with dark brown hair in a pony tail, got on at Union square, but moved to lean against the between cars door at Bedford. When the train got to Grand, you looked at me and then seemed to get ready to pounce on my seat (which I probably should have given up at Union square, but didn't because, honestly, I haven't gotten a seat on the L train in over a year and it was kind of a novelty for me). I got up between Grand and Montrose and you grabbed my seat within 1 second.

Me: 6'4" blue eyes Blackish messy hair and a Mechanic's jacket, reading a book called Company....

Do I know you???? Why were you so sure that I was getting off at the next stop? Am I imagining things? (I vote for the latter).
Because she really wanted the seat and was happy to see you go?

Honorable Mention:
You Complimented My Fern on Bedford

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home