Monday, August 13, 2007

Bloggy Brooklyn: 11222

11222 screencap

Of all the blogs that have been started recently, one of our favorites is 11222. Coming out of Greenpoint, it's a great mix of neighborhood info, observations and photos. Here's a recent post about a cell phone conversation overhead at Nassau and Banker Streets:
Earnest young wanna-be-yuppie type with phone glued to ear:
"Yeah, so I think I'm going to go in on this real estate thing...well, I know I've never done it before, but I think it's a really good idea...I just didn't see anything I liked in Williamsburg...well, this Greenpoint, it's definitely up-and-coming...of course, there are no *guarantees*, but, this place, there's like absolutely nowhere to go out, something has to change...it's got this really weird neighborhood-y vibe to it, you should see some of the people who live there..."

He then continued walking north on Nassau and I turned left onto Banker. Were I not carrying groceries I would have followed him to get the end of the saga, or to yell GO AWAY! NO, BAD INVESTMENT! GO AWAY
Definitely a subscription to add to your feed reader.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home