Sunday, August 12, 2007

Disconnected in Brooklyn on Craigslist: Weird L Train Girl With 'Really Ugly Clothse'

This week's Craigslist Brooklyn Missed Connection comes to us courtesy of Guest Misconnectionista Miss Heather who found it, selected it and tell us why:

As I was parsing through the vapid wasteland that is Craigslist's "Missed Connections" this week I found myself returning to this one. A popular topic where I work is the 1980's fashion sensibility of the newest influx of people to grace the Garden Spot. Yes, I am talking about "hipsters."

I am continuously amazed by the amount of money these 20-somethings lavish upon apparel that I take the utmost care to forget. Everyday I see wolf packs of Chrissie Hynde and Pat Benatar wannabes and everyday I think to myself "Why would someone pay so much money to look so bad?" Apparently, there is a man out there who agrees with me. But a simple fashion faux pas or two) isn't going to stop him from throwing a penetrating gaze into those big sunglasses in the hopes of finding his way into those stirrup pants:
weird girl on the L train with really ugly clothse - m4w - 23

I keep seein this weird girl on the L train getting off all these different stops, in 1 day i think i've seen her like 3 or 4 times on the L train wearing ridiculously ugly 80s clothes. i didn't know they made clothse that ugly. she's not really ugly, but her style is the most disgusting thing i've ever seen in my life.

i shoulda taken pictures, but i've been in an emo mode lately, not up to it:(

why do people wear such ridiculously ugly things. the 80s were a shitty decade, let them die! and she does look like she was born in like 88 or 89:p

PS Call me. I'm a DJ or something, no one really knows

PPS Marshall's smelsl
Come to think of it, people who buy 1980's clothing do look disquietingly alike. It's sort of creepy actually, like something out of Children of the Damned. Then again, if it enables me to earn a steady paycheck (and surreptitiously laugh at them behind their backs) so be it. There's cash in conformity.
--Miss Heather, newyorkshitty

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger snatchdracula said...

I'm pretty sure I know what chick he's talking about and she's not a hipster in any way. She's a real 80s metal-head. Completed with a bandana tied around her knee and a randy rhoads necklace. I mean, she does look like she's going to a costume party everday, but it kind of refreshing instead of seeing the zombie hoards in their tight jeans and keds. I like her!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. Ever since I moved back into the city, I've been mortified at the 80s style that has taken over. I, too, am trying my best to forget the 80s from the first time around. Skinny jeans just make people look strangely penguin-like. *shudder*

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home