Friday, January 11, 2008

Brooklyn Loses a Blog: Icky Calling It Quits?

Icky

The saddest post we saw yesterday was from Icky in Brooklyn, who announced that, being occupied with other projects, he was not going to be Icky anymore. Having started one of the best neighborhood blogs that appeared in Brooklyn in the last year, we certainly hope we haven't seen the last of his wonderfully researched and often sharply opinionated dispatches from Windsor Terrace and the South Slope. Icky wrote in part:
Have I run out of things to say? Perhaps. Probably more accurately, my mind is elsewhere, and these days I am more enamored of shingle styles, cedar stain, spruce trees, and a new pump for the well. (I'm not kidding.)

I truly have had a lovely time, learned much from my elders, and I am a much better educated New Yorker for my blogging experience. I hope readers will remember the good stuff. (And ignore the bad stuff.)
We certainly recall a lot of good material and we have our fingers crossed that we haven't seen the last of his Icky self.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home