Friday, February 08, 2008

Bklink: Park Slope Tea Lounge Suckage?

"Is anyone else disappointed at the quality of the coffee at the 7th Ave (10 St.) Tea Lounge? It used to be the best coffee around, but lately it's fairly hideous...Plus, the place really looks filthy. Behind the counter it's disgusting, the couches are even worse, and the outside of the place is a total eyesore for the neighborhood. This is a place I've loved for years, but the owner I think is really letting it slip while he grows the business and opens locations in other spots..." (GL Note: Recently, we noted that the Union Street Tea Lounge was in particularly disgusting and deplorable condition, without getting into the issue of the out-of-control child threatening to knock scalding hot tea all over us, which is a parental issue rather than a Tea Lounge issue, per se. There was trash and filth everywhere, full trash cans and it looked like no one had lifted a finger to clean anything all day. In a word: Nasty.)--Brooklynian

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll second that. I used to go to the Tea Lounge on 7th every so often to work, but now I avoid it for fear of the cloud of dust that might rise from the couch if one sits down too abruptly. Still, it's always crowded. Clearly a lot of people don't mind.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking about the tea lounge what about the state of the one on Union Street! - it is an absolute dive the furniture is ripped and discusting it is always dirty, and new moms meet here with their new borns I would never take my child to such a dirty place I can only wonder the state of the kitchen - note to owners pump a little money into the place get some professional cleaning help and get some new or newer vintage furniture!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm writing this from the Union Street Tea Lounge. Third time I'm here this week. Looking around, I see no obviously ripped furniture, no excess of garbage, no clouds of dust from the sofa arm I just patted. You guys need a chillaxative.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been going to both Tea Lounges for years, and I haven't noticed a difference. Honestly, they've always been a little dirty around the edges, but there are places for people who like everything clean, shiny, and uniform. It's called Starbucks.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home