Sunday, January 06, 2008

Disconnected in Brooklyn on Craigslist: From New Year's Eve

There are many Brooklyn Missed Connections that happened on New Year's Eve, which may be one of the most biggest annual missed connections days of them all. There are 29 Brooklyn Missed Connections on Craigslist that mention New Year's and 14 that say NYE. Here are two, from Williamsburg and Greenpoint, that we think go together in an odd sort of way:
where are you, anaesthesiologist from switzerland? - w4m - 37

after ringing in the new year, i met you on the roof outside chris and abby's loft near the williamsburg bridge. you felt strongly about Freud's neurobiological work in his early career. you were wearing a very battered straw hat for reasons i never discerned. you shamelessly shared your last cigarettes with me, and kissed me after you told me your birthday. i remember your birthday and your name, but can't for the life of me figure out how to continue our discussion. none of my friends at the party seemed to know you or how to get in touch with you. if you're out there and would like to talk more about memory, neurosciences, astrology or anything else that comes up, there's a redhead in brooklyn who would like to speak with you.

I fell asleep on your couch, you asked me to leave... - m4w - 32

We met at CoCo 66 New Years morn. You joined me in a duet of "Need you Tonight" by INXS. We went back to your place off Calyer where I proceeded to doze off on your couch. You told me I had to go. How embarassing! My apologies, had been a long evening. Wanna try this again Miss E? How was your sandwich?
There are many other interesting ones as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home