Thursday, January 17, 2008

Red Tail Hawks Like Park Slope, Prospect Heights Real Estate

It would appear that two of the Prospect Park red-tail hawks are also hanging around Grand Army Plaza and, uh, doing some food shopping. There are several comments in a new thread on Brooklynian about the hawks. They have been seen on Plaza Street near Butler Street and St. John's. Another poster writes, "I've seen a pair of red-tail hawks flying about nearly every time I go into Prospect Park via Grand Army entrance. On occasion I've seen the male and female hunting in tandem over Prospect Heights. I am confident you're looking at the same one(s) that I see each week." Someone else posted a photo of one of the hawks, apparently after it got a squirrel (which can't be made out in the photo.) Back in December, the Brooklyn Paper noted a hawk living in McCarren Park in Williamsburg. We've seen the hawks in Prospect park and they are impressive.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was also a red tail hawk hunting in Coffey Park in Red Hook last year. I haven't seen it in awhile so I don't know if it's still there, but it was pretty cool seeing it!

7:22 PM  
Blogger RK said...

I GIVE A WALKING TOUR OF PARK SLOPE/PROSPECT PARK AND I SAW A HAWK ON WED IN PARK. CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE FOR A COOL TOUR WWW.BROOKLYNWALKINGTOUR.COM THANKS RICK

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen one of the hawks make two pigeon kills on the roof of the downstairs extension outside my kitchen window. The next door neighbor's have a coup on the roof. What a mess of blood and feathers.
This is on 8th Street in Gowanus btw.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home