Sunday, February 17, 2008

Brookbit: Yet Another Report of Slope Credit Card Fraud

Yesterday, we first reported a new tale of credit card fraud from Park Slope. By yesterday evening we found another new report added to the long, long list of cases reported at Brooklynian: "Hate to bring this up again, but the same thing happened to me recently, so it's still going on. In my case it was a normal ATM/check card (no fancy device, just a swipe card), but it was used at some of the exact same places that other people have reported (the same gas stations across FLA). I went to file a police report the other day, but they said I needed a notarized affidavit from my bank before they would file it. I'm going to call the Detective mentioned above tomorrow." Detective Tony Shy at the 78th Precinct was said to be investigating the fraud cases. We weren't aware that police procedure required victims to jump through extra hoops before the cases would be investigated, which could account for the fact many people haven't bothered.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"But they said I needed a notarized affidavit from my bank before they would file it."

That's complete bullshit and incorrect. Ask for a supervisor.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home