Saturday, April 26, 2008

Back to the Park Slope Library: "I Have Felt Unwelcome"

Park Slope Branch Library

Back in February, we posted someone's negative observations about "terrible service" at the Park Slope Library.
Today, we find another email in our inbox, forwarded to us by a reader of the Park Slope Parents list:
Has anyone else had problems with the staff at the park Slope library? While the librarians in the children's room have always been very nice, with a few exceptions, the staff at the check out desk, and the guard, are unfriendly at best and (today especially) downright rude at worst. This is especially true when it comes to stroller issues (I have to use the ramp in back for a stroller I cant pull up the front steps). I am planning to write a letter of complaint, but also wondered if anyone else has had the same experience? I understand that people can have a bad day here or there, but just about every time I have been there, I have felt unwelcome.
We'll say two things: (1). Based on the earlier post and comments, it's probably a shared perception. (2). They are less than understanding when it comes to stroller issues?!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the park slope robot parade really cheered my up for a couple there... but you *had* to mention the stroller issues. *shakes head*

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

usually, kids can walk before reading. don't worry.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home