Congestion Pricing Passes Council, Brooklyn Vote 9-7 Against
Yesterday afternoon, the Mayor's congestion pricing plan passed the City Council by a vote of 30-20. The vote in the Brooklyn delegation was 9-7 against the plan.
Brooklyn City Council Members voting in favor were: Simcha Felder, Sara M. Gonzalez, Letitia James, Domenic M. Recchia, Kendall Stewart, Albert Vann and David Yassky.
Brooklyn Members voting against Congestion Pricing were: Diana Reyna, Charles Barron, Bill de Blasio, Erik Martin Dilan, Mathieu Eugene, Lewis A. Fidler, Vincent J. Gentile, Darlene Mealy and Michael C. Nelson.
- A Major Victory for Congestion Pricing [Metro]
- Albany is Next Stop for Congestion Pricing [Sun]
- City Council OKs traffic congestion plan [NYDN]
- City Council Passes Congestion Pricing [Streets Blog]
- City Council Approves Fee to Drive Below 60th [NYT]