Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Boerum Hill #2: Slashed Tires & Smashed Windows

There appears to be a rash of car window smashing, car break-ins and, even, tire slashings going on Boerum Hill. This email indicates why we say this:
This past Sunday morning (had to be after 4 am because I was up) my tire was slashed 5 times. I'm on Pacific and Bond. When I went to get it fixed, another man in line had had the same thing happen sometime in the early morning hours. I really don't understand these random acts of violence lately. I am moving from the area in a few weeks and hoped I could scrape by without having something happen to my car. I guess not!
As does this one:
While walking my dog this morning on Pacific between 4th and Flatbush, I walked by a couple cleaning the glass from their smashed driver's window. The window had been smashed sometime between 10pm last night and 11am this morning. They are from Virginia and have Virginia plates. Nothing appears stolen and/or damaged...They knew not to keep anything in the car...Something is going on...
And this one:
Sometime between last night and this morning the small rear side window of our car was shattered and the interior ransacked in front of 438 Pacific Street near Nevins. There was no chalk on the tree, but a large brick from the tree pit's border was apparently used to smash the window.
And those emails are only the highlights of what we've seen.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I'll add that this is not necessarily all that new . . . my driver side window (parked next to sidewalk) was smashed on 12/31/06 at approximately 10:30 in the morning. NOt New Years revellers . . . this was 10:30 on a Sunday morning.

The cops said most likely kids, and that there were at least 3 windows busted within a several block radius.

Makes me wish we had corporal punishment sometimes.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree - beating bored teenagers is the way to go. If the BH residents would unlock the schoolyard so the kids could play some bball or something, maybe they wouldn't be out smashing windows.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon 4:42 pm

Nice spin you put on it. Blame the BH residents for some moron breaking car windows. If I saw one of them breaking my car window, I'd smash them over the head with a brick and go back to sleep like nothing happened. A little street justice never hurt anybody. Right?

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am planning to move into a coop in Boerum Hill in 3 weeks. Is there a big crime problem in the neighborhood? I was looking forward to the move and now I'm having reservations.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home